Saturday, July 25, 2009

I was sitting in my college library, working on my friend’s laptop. Sifting through the music on her laptop, I found the Amelie Soundtrack. Suddenly, the lights went out. And in the dark, the first few bars of Le Moulin rang out. If you’ve heard La Moulin, then you’ll know the part when the accordion stops and the piano starts playing. Try remembering how the piano starts. Better still, play the song as you read this. Now imagine the fluorescent lights in a large, dark hall flickering to life with this music. If you can do this correctly, and if you are in company, like I was, then you will do what I did. Breathe deeply, reign in the urge to smile broadly, and feel like the universe went out of its way to make you very happy.

1 comment:

Backyard Tourist said...

and all this while i was under the impression tht u were working on the doomed article!!