Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Why isn't it okay to NOT be angry?

Anger. More often than not, it isn't just anger. It is anger, sorrow, pride and frustration. Seasoned with deceit, and often, jealousy. But I'm afraid I'm not too good at expressing it.
For instance, there is the question of speech. Do you, or don't you, talk? Do you shut up and simmer, or do you shout? Do we stop talking to the person who angered us, or do we go on as if nothing had happened, letting the person be humiliated by our forgiveness? Only, it isn't forgiveness at all, because I intended to humiliate.
Do we resolve our issues, or do we plan retaliation? While the former seems like the normal thing to do, remember, revenge is an amazing high.
But most importantly, do I forget, or do I remember?

I forget. You probably don't, but I do. I would like to think of myself as a vengeful person, because vengeance, in some twisted way, rhymes with power. But I'm afraid I'm not. I can, if I try, plan a long drawn-out revenge, but I'll probably forget about it midway. But that isn't the problem. The problem is that the world expects me to be nasty and aggressive and vengeful. I wouldn't know half the time when someone made an ass out of me (supposedly), if someone else didn't point it out to me. I've gained in wariness, but I still fail to spot several such (alleged) slights. Actually, its too much of a bother to keep looking out for them.

So, my message to you is, let me be. I'm happy with my gawdawfully bad memory, and my propensity for forgiveness (by default). I'm happy not bothering anyone, and I'd be happy to think that no one was bothering me. So if you're paranoid, then stay away from my little illusion, pwetty please.

4 comments:

little boxes said...

i second that....
it's not anger..it's just the way i am....

new age scheherazade said...

I like the forgiving tone of this post, mainly because I've tagged you.It's all in my last post. sorry, and all that, but I don't know many good bloggers.*subtle compliment alert*. cheerio.

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

i agree about the revenge part. it's too tedious, and such a waste when finally realised.

i'm adding you to my blog link list. and i'm asking politely. *snarls menacingly*

and oh, anasua tagged me too. grr. the book i'm reading now is a wodehouse with the last para of page 123 saying "oh, but really, you can't do that."

raghu said...

@ anasua
im a GOOD BLOGGER>> AND YOU KNOW ME!
arrggh!